Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
- Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
This policy aims to set out how we work ethically, consider human rights as well as the social, economic and environmental impacts of what our business does. We aim to exceed any relevant legislation, and if legislation does not exist in a particular area, we try to ensure we carry out best practice anyway.
Richmond & Hampshire Limited is committed to ensuring that any business we undertake is conducted as ethically as possible by following this policy.
- Who we are and what we do
We are a £5m turnover company, employing between 100-200 staff, principally owned by The Petersham Hotel Limited and the local landowner – Calthorpe Estates. We are dedicated to the letting of our event spaces, fully servicing them with top class customer service standards; principally to companies Monday – Thursday and family events Friday – Sunday.
Our core values are as follows:
- Looking after Employees
As a company, we take great pride in the long service of so many of our team. Many of them have been in service for over 20-30 years and in some cases the whole family is employed. We are guided by our own morale standards, principally applying care and fairness in all instances. Further, we undertake as a bare minimum, the following:
- Equal Opportunities Employer as per the Human Rights Act 2010, or what you have done in line with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Robust and rigorous health and safety policies, procedures and training.
- Staff training, appraisals and personal development.
- Clear communications with the team members.
- Pay and benefits: meeting or exceeding the National Minimum/Living Wage.
- Looking after Customers
We are interested in our customers and care about what they do in our event spaces. We want them to enjoy their time with us, even if they are unwilling conscripts. We look after them and like them to leave with a lasting and favourable impression of our business.
- We take customer feedback on board through a variety of feedback channels and always communicate this with the wider team to ensure continuous improvement.
- Safety is at the core of what we do. Then we make it memorable, for the right reasons.
- We keep in touch with our customers through a variety of channels and always ensure we are putting them at the heart of what we do, whilst managing expectations against our product offering.
- Suppliers’ Standards
Our suppliers are instrumental in what we offer. Top quality produce means fabulous quality food. We rely on our suppliers as much as we rely on ourselves and always ensure the highest of standards are met. Many of our suppliers are considered our friends.
- Our suppliers adhere to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and they operate in line with the Bribery Act 2010.
- We use local suppliers wherever possible and ensure local produce and products are sourced where available and feasible.
- We pay our suppliers properly and on time.
- We are committed to clear communication with suppliers.
- Protecting the Environment
We believe it is important reduce the environmental impact of our business. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
What we do now:
- Low energy light bulbs have been installed throughout the hotel where possible
- Rooms have movement sensors so electricity isn’t wasted
- We have implemented a ‘Switch off’ campaign to make sure when rooms are not in use all lights are turned off as well as all computers and televisions
- Used printer cartridges are recycled and we initiated a ‘Think before your print’ campaign to reduce paper wastage
- We serve Fair Trade tea and coffee
- Where possible our suppliers are locally based and the produce we buy is grown locally to reduce transport costs and food miles whilst supporting local businesses
- We encourage our suppliers to reduce their packaging and recycle if at all possible
- We promote awareness of the environment among our employees and work with them to ensure their impact on it is minimal including encouraging staff to use greener methods of transport
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, heat, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community
- As far as possible we purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same, ensuring products are recyclable r have been made from recycled material
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental and legislation and codes of practices
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers
- Community Engagement
Our charitable and general support of local organisations and businesses follows almost concentric circles. We look after the people in our business, their families, their charities and support them all with generous donations as far as possible.
We endeavour to review our activities on a regular basis along with this document to ensure we are maximising our corporate social responsibilities.